12th Annual “Upstate Artists” Juried Group Show
Call For Entries and General Application Information:
The Laffer Gallery is holding an open submission for all forms of two-dimensional and three-dimensional art for a December 2023 – January 2024 juried group show. Please review the guidelines and additional information below for submission of artwork in regard to this exhibition. For an online application form, please visit http://thelaffergallery.com/application.
December 2, 2023 – January 7, 2024
December 2, 2023 from 5pm – 8pm
Entries must be received no later than Wednesday November 1, 2023 at Midnight
Robert Gullie of Cohoes, NY creates in the mediums of mixed media collages, hand-tinted photography and in the photopolymer gravure printing process.
His work has been included in over eighty exhibitions including over twenty-five solo exhibitions. He is the recipient of numerous awards a NYFA Arts Residency Project Grant; the Gilliand-Weinheimer Oakroom Artist Award; 1st place in the photography category from Columbia County Council of the Arts and was named “Best Photographer” by Metroland Magazine (1997).
His work has also been included in the permanent collections of The Kinsey Institute, University at Albany Art Museum, Mohonk Mountain House, Frances Kinnear Museum, Albany Medical College and the historic Mission House in Stockbridge Massachusetts in addition to many private collections. He has been commissioned by the Saratoga Performing Arts Center (2010-2013) to create images for such celebrated arts organizations as The New York City Ballet, Philadelphia Orchestra and MOMIX Botanica. His work has also appeared on the covers of several regional periodicals and has been used as cover art for a number of music albums.
- Artists must be willing to loan works of art for display for the entire period of the exhibition.
- Artists must reside within a 125-mile radius of Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Works that have been completed in the past 2 years are eligible.
- There is a maximum size of 48”W by 72”H for submitted artwork.
- Artists may submit up to 3 pieces of work to be considered.
- A one-time non-refundable $25 submission fee is required with application to assist with exhibition costs.
- Completed application (please see the Artist Application).
How To Apply
Application and images may be submitted online at http://thelaffergallery.com/application OR be sent by mail/delivered in-person to the Gallery. Artists submitting artwork by mail or in person must include the following:
- Digital images of your artwork on thumb drive. Please label images in the following manner: LastName_FirstName_Title_Size_1.jpg, In addition, please ensure that image files are in .jpg format and are no larger than 5mb in size. NOTE: Thumb drives will only be returned if a self-addressed, stamped bubble mailer, sized appropriately is included or if picked up in person from the Gallery.
- A non-refundable $25 application fee. Please make checks payable to The Laffer Gallery.
- A digital copy of artist’s resume
- A digital copy of an artist’s statement describing the composition of the artwork being submitted (max of 250 words).
- COMPLETED ARTIST APPLICATION
Please submit application and required materials listed above by mail or in person to:
The Laffer Gallery
Attn: Robert Gullie
96 Broad Street
Schuylerville, NY 12871
Notifications of work(s) selected will be E-MAILED (please check your junk mail) by Monday, November 13, 2023. The selections of the Juror are final.
Three Artists will be selected by juror Robert Gullie for a group exhibition at The Laffer Gallery during the 2024 season.
During the “Upstate Artists” exhibition, the price of artwork is to be determined by the artist with fifty (50) percent of the final sale payable to the artist and fifty (50) percent of the final sale to be paid to The Laffer Gallery.
Delivery of work
Pre-exhibition: Selected artists will be expected to deliver their artwork to The Laffer Gallery on Saturday, November 25, 2023 between 12:00pm and 5:00pm, Sunday, November 26, 2023 between 12:00pm and 5:00pm or Monday November 27, 2022 between 9:00am and 12:00pm. Artwork must be suitably framed or mounted (no exposed glass edges, please) with hanging wire securely attached to the frame. The Laffer Gallery reserves the right to not accept any artwork in fragile or unstable condition and to improve upon hanging devices if necessary.
Removal of work
Post-exhibition: Removal dates for exhibited works are Sunday, January 7, 2024 between 5:00pm and 7:00 pm or Monday, January 8, between 9:00am and 2:00 pm 2024.
Submission of images for judging constitutes an agreement by the artist to the conditions of the above guidelines. Additionally, by submitting a gallery application, the artist authorizes The Laffer Gallery to photograph and/or reproduce any accepted work for purposes including, but not limited to, catalogue, website, educational, publicity and marketing for this exhibition only.
Printable Application Form (Currently Unavailable)