10th Annual “Upstate Artists” Juried Group Show
Call For Entries:
The Laffer Gallery is holding an open submission for all forms of two-dimensional and three-dimensional art for a December 2021 – January 2022 juried group show. Please review the guidelines and additional information below for submission of artwork in regard to this exhibition. Please click here for an online application.
December 4, 2021 – January 9, 2022
December 4, 2021 from 5pm – 8pm
Entries must be received no later than Monday November 1, 2021 at 11pm
Richard and Stephen Cutting-Miller, grew up in different parts of upstate New York State, met 12 years ago in New York City, married soon after, designed and built a new home called SkyFall, and became full-time residents of Saratoga Springs. Both have a passion for the performing arts, visual arts and design: Richard loves jazz, theater, paintings and sculpture; while Stephen loves contemporary music, theater, paintings and decorative design. Their home is a reflection of their desire to gather with friends and family, enjoy good food and drink great wines, and create a vibrant space to celebrate art and design from local artists and designers. Richard and Stephen have worked with Erik Laffer at The Laffer Gallery to discover and build a collection that reflects some of the best work from local artists.
- Artists must be willing to loan works of art for display for the entire period of the exhibition.
- Artists must reside within a 125-mile radius of Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Works that have been completed in the past 3 years are eligible.
- There is a maximum size of 48”w by 72”h (including frame) for submitted artwork.
- Artists may submit up to 3 pieces of work to be considered.
- A one-time non-refundable $25 submission fee is required with application to assist with exhibition costs.
- Completed application (please see the Artist Application).
- Note: Student artists are welcome to apply.
How To Apply
Application and artwork images may be submitted online OR be sent by mail/delivered in-person to the Gallery. Artists submitting artwork for consideration must include the following:
- Digital images of your artwork on CD. Please label images in the following manner: LastName_FirstName_Title_Size_1.jpg, In addition, please ensure that image files are in .jpg format and are no larger than 18mb in size. NOTE: CD’s will only be returned if a self-addressed, stamped bubble mailer, sized appropriately is included.
- A non-refundable $25 application fee. Student (Age 21 and younger) $5 application fee. Please make checks payable to The Laffer Gallery.
- A digital copy of artist’s resume.
- A digital copy of an artist’s statement describing the composition of the artwork being submitted (max of 250 words).
- COMPLETED ARTIST APPLICATION
Please submit application and required materials listed above by mail or in person to:
The Laffer Gallery
Attn: Richard & Stephen Cutting-Miller
96 Broad Street
Schuylerville, NY 12871
Artists will be notified by E-Mail (please check your spam/junk mail) about whether their work has by selected by Friday, November 12, 2021.
Three Artists will be selected as “Best in Show” by jurors Richard and Stephen for a group exhibition at The Laffer Gallery during the 2022 season.
$250 People’s Choice Award
Ballots will be available at the gallery for the first 3 weeks of the exhibit. We will ask our viewers to vote for their favorite work. The winner will receive $200 and be featured on the gallery website and on social media. We will notify the winner on Monday, January, 3rd 2022.
During the “Upstate Artists” exhibition, the price of artwork is to be determined by the artist with fifty (50) percent of the final sale payable to the artist and fifty (50) percent of the final sale to be paid to The Laffer Gallery.
Delivery of work
Pre-exhibition: Selected artists will be expected to deliver their artwork to The Laffer Gallery on Saturday, November 20, 2021 between 12:00pm and 5:00pm, Sunday, November 21, 2021 between 12:00pm and 5:00pm or Monday November 22, 2021 between 9:00am and 1:00pm. Artwork must be suitably framed or mounted (no exposed glass edges, please) with hanging wire securely attached to the frame.
The Laffer Gallery reserves the right to not accept any artwork in fragile or unstable condition and to improve upon hanging devices if necessary.
Removal of work
Post-exhibition: Removal dates for exhibited works are Sunday, January 9, 2022 between 5:00pm and 7:00 pm or Monday, January 10, between 9:00am and 2:00 pm 2022.
Submission of images for judging constitutes an agreement by the artist to the conditions of the above guidelines. Additionally, by submitting a gallery application, the artist authorizes The Laffer Gallery to photograph and/or reproduce any accepted work for purposes including, but not limited to, catalogue, website, educational, publicity and marketing for this exhibition only.
Please click here for an online application.