5th Annual “Upstate Artists” Juried Group Show
Call For Entries:
The Laffer Gallery is holding an open submission for all forms of two-dimensional and three-dimensional art for a December 2016 – January 2017 juried group show. Please review the guidelines and additional information below for submission of artwork in regard to this exhibition. For an online application form, please visit http://thelaffergallery.com/application
December 3, 2016 – January 8, 2017
December 3, 2016 from 5pm until 8pm
Entries must be received no later than Tuesday, November 1, 2016 at Midnight
Tony Iadicicco has been a central, dynamic part of the Capital Region arts community for over half a decade. As Executive Director of Albany Center Gallery, an active board member of Albany Barn, and an award-winning artist and community volunteer, Tony works tirelessly to connect people with the arts and promote the creative development of our next generation of leaders.
Awards most recently include the 2014 Norman S. Rice Arts, Culture and Education Award, one of “Tomorrow’s Masters Today” by the Albany Institute of History & Art and Arts, Metroland Readers Poll “Local Art Hero” the Arts Ambassador Volunteer of The Year Award from The Stakeholders Inc., 2013, 2011 Best Local Artist by Capital Region Living Magazine and the Metroland Readers Poll “Best Local Artist”.
Recently, Tony has been working on multiple projects with different organizations which include Best Buddies, The Bus Stop Club, Northeast Parent & Child, Make -A- Wish Foundation, The Albany Wine and Dine for the Arts Festival painting, Albany Mural Projects and “RED” the performance at Cap Rep. in Albany, N.Y.
- Artists must be willing to loan works of art for display for the entire period of the exhibition.
- Artists must reside within a 100-mile radius of Albany and Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Works that have been completed in the past 3 years are eligible.
- There is a maximum size of 36”w by 72”h for submitted artwork.
- Artists may submit up to 3 pieces of work to be considered.
- A one-time non-refundable $20 submission fee is required with application to assist with exhibition costs.
- Completed application (please see the Artist Application).
- Note: Student artists are welcome to apply.
How To Apply
Application and artwork images must be sent by mail/delivered in-person to the Gallery OR may be submitted online at http://thelaffergallery.com/submissions. Artists submitting artwork for consideration must include the following:
- Digital images of your artwork on CD. If submitting three-dimensional work, such as sculpture or pottery, images must show at least three viewpoints of each piece. Please label images in the following manner: LastNameFirstName_Title_Size_1.jpg, LastNameFirstName_Title_Size_2.jpg, etc. In addition, please ensure that image files are in .jpg format and are no larger than 2mb in size. NOTE: CD’s will only be returned if a self-addressed, stamped bubble mailer, sized appropriately is included.
- A non-refundable $20 application fee. Please make checks payable to The Laffer Gallery.
- A digital copy of artist’s resume
- A digital copy of an artist’s statement describing the composition of the artwork being submitted (max of 250 words).
- COMPLETED ARTIST APPLICATION
Please submit application and required materials listed above by mail or in person to:
The Laffer Gallery
Attn: Tony Iadicicco
96 Broad Street
Schuylerville, NY 12871
Notifications of work(s) selected will be e-mailed by Friday, November 11, 2016. The selections of the Juror are final.
Three Artists will be selected by juror Tony Iadicicco for a group exhibition at The Laffer Gallery during the 2017 season.
During the “Upstate Artists” exhibition, the price of artwork is to be determined by the artist with fifty (50) percent of the final sale payable to the artist and fifty (50) percent of the final sale to be paid to The Laffer Gallery.
Delivery of work
Pre-exhibition: Selected artists will be expected to deliver their artwork to The Laffer Gallery on Saturday, November 26, 2016 between 12:00pm and 5:00pm, Sunday, November 27, 2016 between 12:00pm and 5:00pm or Monday November 28, 2016 between 9:00am and 1:00pm. Artwork must be suitably framed or mounted (no exposed glass edges, please) with hanging wire securely attached to the frame. The Laffer Gallery reserves the right to not accept any artwork in fragile or unstable condition and to improve upon hanging devices if necessary.
Removal of work
Post-exhibition:Removal dates for exhibited works are Sunday, January 8, 2017 between 5:00pm and 7:00 pm or Monday, January 9, between 9:00am and 2:00 pm 2017.
Submission of images for judging constitutes an agreement by the artist to the conditions of the above guidelines. Additionally, by submitting a gallery application, the artist authorizes The Laffer Gallery to photograph and/or reproduce any accepted work for purposes including, but not limited to, catalogue, website, educational, publicity and marketing for this exhibition only.
Please click here for an online application.