6th Annual “Upstate Artists” Juried Group Show
Call For Entries:
The Laffer Gallery is holding an open submission for all forms of two-dimensional and three-dimensional art for a December 2017 – January 2018 juried group show. Please review the guidelines and additional information below for submission of artwork in regard to this exhibition. For an online application form, please visit http://thelaffergallery.com/application.
December 2, 2017 – January 7, 2018
December 2, 2017 from 5pm until 8pm
Entries must be received no later than Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at Midnight
Robert Gullie of Cohoes, NY creates in the mediums of mixed media collages, hand-tinted photography and in the photopolymer gravure printing process.
His work has been included in over eighty exhibitions including over twenty-five solo exhibitions. He is the recipient of numerous awards a NYFA Arts Residency Project Grant; the Gilliand-Weinheimer Oakroom Artist Award; 1st place in the photography category from Columbia County Council of the Arts and was named “Best Photographer” by Metroland Magazine (1997).
His work has also been included in the permanent collections of The Kinsey Institute, University at Albany Art Museum, Mohonk Mountain House, Frances Kinnear Museum, Albany Medical College and the historic Mission House in Stockbridge Massachusetts in addition to many private collections. He has been commissioned by the Saratoga Performing Arts Center (2010-2013) to create images for such celebrated arts organizations as The New York City Ballet, Philadelphia Orchestra and MOMIX Botanica. His work has also appeared on the covers of several regional periodicals and has been used as cover art for a number of CDs.
- Artists must be willing to loan works of art for display for the entire period of the exhibition.
- Artists must reside within a 100-mile radius of Albany and Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Works that have been completed in the past 3 years are eligible.
- There is a maximum size of 36”w by 72”h for submitted artwork.
- Artists may submit up to 3 pieces of work to be considered.
- A one-time non-refundable $20 submission fee is required with application to assist with exhibition costs.
- Completed application (please see the Artist Application).
- Note: Student artists are welcome to apply.
How To Apply
Application and artwork images must be sent by mail/delivered in-person to the Gallery OR may be submitted online at http://thelaffergallery.com/submissions. Artists submitting artwork for consideration must include the following:
- Digital images of your artwork on CD. If submitting three-dimensional work, such as sculpture or pottery, images must show at least three viewpoints of each piece. Please label images in the following manner: LastNameFirstName_Title_Size_1.jpg, LastNameFirstName_Title_Size_2.jpg, etc. In addition, please ensure that image files are in .jpg format and are no larger than 2mb in size. NOTE: CD’s will only be returned if a self-addressed, stamped bubble mailer, sized appropriately is included.
- A non-refundable $20 application fee. Please make checks payable to The Laffer Gallery.
- A digital copy of artist’s resume
- A digital copy of an artist’s statement describing the composition of the artwork being submitted (max of 250 words).
- COMPLETED Artist Application
Please submit application and required materials listed above by mail or in person to:
The Laffer Gallery
Attn: Robert Gullie
96 Broad Street
Schuylerville, NY 12871
Notifications of work(s) selected will be e-mailed by Friday, November 10, 2017. The selections of the Juror are final.
Three Artists will be selected by juror Robert Gullie for a group exhibition at The Laffer Gallery during the 2018 season.
During the “Upstate Artists” exhibition, the price of artwork is to be determined by the artist with fifty (50) percent of the final sale payable to the artist and fifty (50) percent of the final sale to be paid to The Laffer Gallery.
Delivery of work
Pre-exhibition: Selected artists will be expected to deliver their artwork to The Laffer Gallery on Saturday, November 25, 2017 between 12:00pm and 5:00pm, Sunday, November 26, 2017 between 12:00pm and 5:00pm or Monday November 27, 2017 between 9:00am and 1:00pm. Artwork must be suitably framed or mounted (no exposed glass edges, please) with hanging wire securely attached to the frame. The Laffer Gallery reserves the right to not accept any artwork in fragile or unstable condition and to improve upon hanging devices if necessary.
Removal of work
Post-exhibition:Removal dates for exhibited works are Sunday, January 8, 2017 between 5:00pm and 7:00 pm or Monday, January 9, between 9:00am and 2:00 pm 2017.
Submission of images for judging constitutes an agreement by the artist to the conditions of the above guidelines. Additionally, by submitting a gallery application, the artist authorizes The Laffer Gallery to photograph and/or reproduce any accepted work for purposes including, but not limited to, catalogue, website, educational, publicity and marketing for this exhibition only.
Please click here for an online application.